What does it mean to take a risk?
Taking a risk is willingly exposing oneself to a dangerous situation. The word risk holds a negative connotation that makes people wary. This is understandable because of the potential exposure to danger, harm, or loss that is a result of taking a risk. It is very common for people to be afraid of taking risks in life and prefer to remain consistent. Consistency is comfortable and will create familiar returns while risk often has unknown consequences.
What risks are people afraid to make and why?
Common risks that people are afraid to take and the corresponding reasons
- Risking Money – (fear of losing money)
- Risking Time – (fear of wasting time)
- Risking Reputation – (fear of having an inconsistent reputation)
- Risking Job – (fear of losing a current job, or inability to find a better one)
- Risking Comfort – (fear of feeling uncomfortable)
- Risking Failure – (fear of feeling like a loser)
Why is taking risks beneficial?
Taking risks in life is a necessary process for anyone that desires success. Negative outcomes are possible when taking a chance but it is the price you must pay to continue to improve and elevate. Living a life controlled by fear will result in the creation of comfortable and consistent life patterns that won’t encourage progress. Although the positive outcomes of taking a risk almost always out way the negative ones it is imperative to research and prepare before taking a risk to insure the greatest probability of success. After proper preparation, taking a risk should feel like a calculated chance with the odds in your favor. Not only will success likely be the outcome but encountering a failure will be a valuable learning experience. Taking calculated risks not only will open your life to endless possibilities but also can create a more exciting and enjoyable life.
What risks should I start taking and why?
Common risks people should take and the corresponding reasons
- Risking Money – (Chance of creating immense wealth)
- Risking Time – (Chance to build wealth and create future free time)
- Risking Reputation – (Chance to create an even better reputation)
- Risking Job – (Chance of finding a dream job and higher pay)
- Risking Comfort – (Chance of improvement and elevation)
- Risking Failure – (Chance of being successful)