Why Are Books Important?
You often hear stories about people spending thousands and thousands of dollars on training from the “gurus” in the industry. You hear it over and over again: people get sucked into seminars and classes, spending all of their money just to be told in the end that they need to invest in an even more expensive class to find the rest of the answers.
In my opinion, this is the wrong direction to head in.
Think about this…
Intelligent people write books. Successful people write books. People with years of industry knowledge write books. Books can hold an entire career’s worth of trials and tribulations, pros and cons, successes and failures, all bound together between two covers and available for purchase at any time. I believe that a combination of books and consistent action formulate the perfect recipe for success.
With that in mind, I have provided a list of my top 30 books that I believe any new, seasoned, or aspiring real estate professional should read and soak up (sometimes several times).
What Are The Top 30 Books?
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
2. Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
3. The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason
4. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
5. Atomic Habits by James Clear
6. The One Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
7. The 4-Hour Work-Week by Timothy Ferris
8. The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
9. The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington
10. The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
1. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
2. How to Win Friends and Influence People in the Digital Age by Dale Carnegie
3. Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
4. The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael Maher
5. Big Money Energy by Ryan Serhant
Real Estate Investing
1. The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
2. The Book on Investing in Real Estate With No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
3. The Book on Managing Rental Properties by Brandon and Heather Turner
4. Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat by David Greene
5. Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
6. The Book on Flipping Houses by J Scott
7. The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J Scott
8. Crushing It In Apartments and Commercial Real Estate by Brian Murray
9. The Book on Negotiating Real Estate by J Scott and Mark Ferguson
10. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
BONUS: Real Estate Agent
1. The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
2. Sell It Like Serhant by Ryan Serhant
3. The Book of Yes by Kevin Ward
4. Shift by Gary Keller
5. The Conversion Code by Chris Smith
At the end of the day, knowledge and experience work together to form the ideal real estate professional. I hope this list has helped.
If you have any questions or suggestions for new books to read, feel free to message me on Instagram. As always, happy investing!
*DISCLAIMER* – This list of books is based upon my own personal opinion and is by no means the only or best list of books out there. I curated it based on what I have found most beneficial and am always open to new suggestions.